Birge Engineering staff has extensive experience in the planning and design of storm water management facilities, including culverts, channels, closed conduits, detention and infiltration basins, and in the preparation of conditional and final letters of map revisions (CLOMRs and LOMRs). Our staff begins each project by evaluating the potential for mitigating the effects of urban runoff on receiving waters, and by seeking opportunities for utilizing sustainable, low impact construction techniques, best management practices and erosion control.
We are certified by Caltrans as trained SWPPP preparers.
Services we provide include:
- Hydrologic Studies
- Hydraulics analyses
- Drainage system design for roadways and site development
- Best Management Practices design, including bio-swales and infiltration systems
- Erosion Control Plans
- Water Quality Management Plans
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Standard Urban Stormwater Mitigation Plans (SUSMP)
- Conditional Letter of Map Revision (CLOMR)
- Letter of Map Revision (LOMR)